What is SAP R/3
The name SAP a German company is an acronym for "Systeme, Anwendungen, Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung." This is translated in English as "Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing."
1. Can you create a table with fields not referring to data elements?
YES. eg:- ITAB LIKE SPFLI.here we are referening to a data object(SPFLI) not data element.
What are the different types of data dictionary objects? tables, structures, views, domains, data elements, lock objects, Match code objects.
2. What should be the approach for writing a BDC program?
STEP 1: CONVERTING THE LEGACY SYSTEM DATA TO A FLAT FILE to internal table CALLED "CONVERSION".
STEP 2: TRANSFERING THE FLAT FILE INTO SAP SYSTEM CALLED "SAP DATA TRANSFER".
STEP 3: DEPENDING UPON THE BDC TYPE
i)call transaction(Write the program explicity)
ii) create sessions (sessions are created and processed.if success data will transfer).
3. What are the problems in processing batch input sessions and How is batch input process different from processing online?
i) If the user forgets to opt for keep session then the session will be automatically removed from the session queue(log remains). However if session is processed we may delete it manually.
ii)if session processing fails data will not be transferred to SAP database table.
4. What does an extract statement do in the ABAP program?
Once you have declared the possible record types as field groups and defined their structure, you can fill the extract dataset using the following statements: EXTRACT. When the first EXTRACT statement occurs in a program, the system creates the extract dataset and adds the first extract record to it. In each subsequent EXTRACT statement, the new extract record is added to the dataset EXTRACT HEADER. When you extract the data, the record is filled with the current values of the corresponding fields. As soon as the system has processed the first EXTRACT statement for a field group , the structure of the corresponding extract record in the extract dataset is fixed. You can no longer insert new fields into the field groups and HEADER. If you try to modify one of the field groups afterwards and use it in another EXTRACT statement, a runtime error occurs. By processing EXTRACT statements several times using different field groups, you fill the extract dataset with records of different length and structure. Since you can modify field groups dynamically up to their first usage in an EXTRACT statement, extract datasets provide the advantage that you need not determine the structure at the beginning of the program.
5. Can a transparent table exist in data dictionary but not in the data base physically?
NO. TRANSPARENT TABLE DO EXIST WITH THE SAME STRUCTURE BOTH IN THE DICTIONARY AS WELL AS IN THE DATABASE,EXACTLY WITH THE SAME DATA AND FIELDS.
6. What is the step by step process to create a table in data dictionary?
step 1: creating domains(data type, field length, range).
step 2: creating data elements(properties and type for a table field).
step 3: creating tables(SE11).
7. What is the typical structure of an ABAP/4 program?
8. A situation: An ABAP program creates a batch input session. We need to submit the program and the batch session in back ground. How to do it?
go to SM36 and create background job by giving job name, job class and job steps (JOB SCHEDULING)
9. What are the domains and data elements?
DOMAINS : FORMAL DEFINITION OF THE DATA TYPES.THEY SET ATTRIBUTES SUCH AS DATA TYPE,LENGTH,RANGE.
DATA ELEMENT : A FIELD IN R/3 SYSTEM IS A DATA ELEMENT.
10. What is the alternative to batch input session?
12. What is a batch input session?
BATCH INPUT SESSION is an intermediate step between internal table and database table. Data along with the action is stored in session ie data for screen fields, to which screen it is passed, program name behind it, and how next screen is processed.
13. What is the advantage of structures? How do you use them in the ABAP programs?
Adv:- GLOBAL EXISTANCE(these could be used by any other program without creating it again).
14. How many types of tables exists and what are they in data dictionary?
4 types of tables
i)Transparent tables - Exists with the same structure both in dictionary as well as in database exactly with the same data and fields. Both Opensql and Nativesql can be used. ii)Pool tables &
iii)Cluster tables - These are logical tables that are arranged as records of transparent tables. one cannot use native sql on these tables (only open sql).They are not managable directly using database system tools.
iv)Internal tables - .?
- What is the command in subscript?
- In ver 3.0b how is the print program to layout set?
- What’s an effective way of using an internal table record? What are the types of internal tables?
- In production what is the user exit?
- What type of user exits have you written?
- Have you worked with field groups? Have you used Import/Export statements?
- In the ‘select’ statement what is group by?
- Have you used performance tuning? What major steps will you use for these?
- On ABAP: Did you set up a workflow? Are you familiar with all steps for setting up a workflow?
- Have you created Maintenance dialog or Table Maintenance?
- How to create client independent tables
- Difference between client dependent and client independent tables?
- Have you created database tables?
- Difference between Search Helps and Match Codes?
- Elementary search helps, Collective search help.?
- What does an EXEC SQL stmt do in ABAP? What is the disadvantage of using it?
- What is open sql vs native sql?
- What is a collect statement? How is it different from append?
- If an entry with the same key already exists, the COLLECT statement does not append a new line, but adds the contents of the numeric fields in the work area to the contents of the numeric fields in the existing entry.?
- How can I copy a standard table to make my own z_table.?
- Which transaction code can I used to analyze the performance of ABAP program.?
- How do we debug sapscript?
- Can we create field without data element and how?
- When top of the page event is triggered?
- How do you get output from IDOC?
- In selection screen I have three fields, plant mat no and material group. If I input plant how do I get the mat no and material group based on plant dynamically?
- On which even we can validate the input fields in module progams?
- What are client dependant objects in abap/sap?
- How data is stored in cluster table?
- What is the difference between Upload and WS_Upload ?
- Open datasets, Read datasets ( Reading and writing data to files)?
- Have you set up a back ground job ? How to create a background job without a variant ?
- Have you processed BDCs ?
- How do you send files to the legacy systems from SAP and vice versa? How does one know that the legacy files have come on to the SAP server you are working on?
- What kind of BDC programs are written ?
- Update types in Call transaction method. What is the difference?
- Call transaction method, how to capture the errors ?
- Data conversion experience?
- Experience with ABAP and Unix files?
- From Excel to ABAP - Is batch mode possible ?
- How to read files and process BDCs automatically?
- Difference between /N and /BEND?
- SM35 transaction . How to automate BDC ?
- BDC vs Direct Loads( have you used direct loads on SAP tables )?
- Recording Function?
- What are logical databases?
- What is Group by in Select statement?
- Catch Command?
- Explain Commit and Roll back?
- Difference between Insert, Update and Modify?
- What happens Update command is used without where clause ?
- Select statement to read data into internal tables. Types of Select statements?
- hat’s an effective way of using an internal table record?
- Types of internal tables?
- Field groups?
- Control levels in internal tables?
- How to eliminate duplicate entries in internal tables?
- Size of the internal tables?
- Field groups and internal tables?
- Handling of internal tables?
- What is an Open Item in SAP? How will you find an Open Item in SAP?
- What are the modules in FI that you have worked on?
- In the MM module for finding out the standard cost what is the view one has to look at?
- What is the work you have done in the MM module and what programs did you use for creating views in MM?
- Condition technique?
- In the function module for reading text from the S.O header what needs to be specified?
- How do you get the Sales Order (S.O) No. from the Delivery Order?
- While picking can the pick list be updated automatically?
- In delivery processing which step comes first picking, packing,posting goods issue ?
- What happens when you post goods issue after delivery? How does the inventory get reduced after the delivery?
- Do you need and enquiry or quotation before we start the SD process?
- Explain what are the steps in the SD process at least up to the invoicing stage?
- What is an Unpack command?
- What is the reserve command?
- How many interactive reports did you write?
- What is the most complex interactive report that was written by You?
- Double click function on the lists, identifying the line selected by the user on the list.
- At-Line selection, At user-command etc..,?
- Exit and Stop. What is the difference?
- Check and Continue. What is the difference?